“I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing” (Genesis 12:3).
Everyone loves to succeed in every endeavour in life, be it spiritual, material or marital success, but many are not willing to pay the price for it. There are four major requirements for success for every child of God and they are as follows:
1. Selflessness– A child of God is expected to be selfless in all he does, because of the Spirit that resides in him. He cannot afford to be lazy or procrastinate. He must be seen to be fervent for the Lord all the time, in the church, his office and at home (Romans 12:11).
2. Discipline– Fervency in service is only possible when such a person is consistently disciplined. An undisciplined individual is prone to suffer setbacks, regrets, stagnation that may lead to failure in his assignments.
3. Integrity–Selflessness and discipline must be accompanied with integrity to ensure real success in life’s ventures. Simply put, integrity is knowing the right thing, doing the right thing, not some of the times, but at all times, even when no one is watching.
4. Obedience –Obedience is a vital factor for good success. Abraham is an example of this. Combining the above factors with excellence will ensure real success all the time.
Do you desire real success in life? The secret is to let God be your guide as you imbibe all of the virtues above. Determine to be wholly for the Lord and your life will be a miracle and a success.
1. Father, help me to know You and constantly live for You.
2. Dear Lord, grant me success, in everything I lay my hands on.